Group Executive Chef The Brew House
In 2005, he joined the kitchen team of Mandarin Grill (formerly known as Pacifica), an award-winning fine dining restaurant in Hotel Mandarin Oriental Kuala Lumpur. During his stint with Mandarin Oriental, he had won numerous cooking competition awards and the Mandarin Grill was voted top 5 fine dining restaurant in Malaysia by Tatlers Magazine.
He then moved on to Brussels Beer Café as Executive Chef and helped the Brussels group set up numerous outlets in Klang valley. He then served as the Group Executive Chef in an ISO certified production kitchen in Only World Group which supplies to all 27 outlets in Genting Highland. He was instrumental in helping to implement their kitchen to achieve the ISO 22000 certification.
He set off to join the Movida Group as their Group Executive Chef which expanded rapidly throughout Malaysia. In just 2 years of his tenure with Movida, he helped the Group to open 5 new outlets before he moved on to Equatorial Hotel Malacca as their Executive Chef. A 5-star hotel and also, one of the busiest hotels in Malacca with 500 rooms and a ballroom of 1500 seating capacity.
Chef Pele has also worked for the Les Amis Group as the Executive Chef Opening team for a casual dining Restaurant, BLVD HOUSE in Kuala Lumpur City prior to November 2016, before joining The Brew House Group as Group Executive Chef until present.
With over 20 years of outstanding kitchen experience from 5-star Banqueting, fine dining, casual dining, stand-alone restaurant to production kitchen, Chef Pele understands the importance of team building, leadership, quality control and hygiene standards. In his style of cooking, he has always emphasized on using the highest quality and freshest ingredients he can find throughout the country.
Aiming to deliver good honest food with a modern twist, Chef Pele uses modern cooking techniques and the best ingredients from Malaysia and around the world. He believes there are 3 key factors to making good food, that is Taste, Presentation and Freshness of the ingredients. His favorite type of cuisine includes Contemporary Western with the influence of Japanese and Asian ingredients.
• Silver award in Pizza challenge Malaysia 2012 (organized by Fonterra foodservice )
• Bronze medal in main course ( seafood or fish ) at FHM Culinaire Malaysia 2009
• Gold medal(3 course menu) – MO black box culinary challenge 2007
• Bronze medal in main course(meat or poultry/game) – Battle Of The Chefs 11th Penang International Salon Gastronomique 2007
• Guided and trained staff for Pizza Challenge Malaysia 2013 and won a gold award
• Interview by Hong Kong Celebrity Host, Chui Ling’s Food Show in “Menu Please” – Shown in Astro Wah Lai Toi
• Movida Group voted as “Best Bar Franchise 2012” by Juice Magazine
• Nominated for Hospitality Asia Platinum Award (HAPA) for Best Western Chef, 2013 /2014
• Cooking for Malaysia Prime Minister, Dato Sri Najib and his VVIP tables during Deepavali Open house 2014 at Dataran Pahlawan, Malacca
• On NTV7 Cooking show “Best In Town” with host, Miss Malaysia 2009
• Cooked for FI Driver, Lewis Hamilton and VVIP F1 Petronas Team during F1 event in 2015
• Trained by Michelin star Chef Jeff Ramsey fromTapas Molecular Bar, Tokyo during his Michelin star promotion at Mandarin Oriental Hotel, Kuala Lumpur, 2007 & 2008
• Trained by Michelin star Chef Serge Chenet, Entre Vigne et Garrigue Restaurant, France during his Michelin star promotion at Mandarin Oriental Hotel, 2006 & 2007
• Fully trained by multi-award winning Chef Dirk Haltenhof in Mandarin Oriental’s Fine dining restaurant (Voted top restaurant by Tatler Malaysia and Most Innovative Cuisine in MIGF 2007)
• Appointed by Norwegian Seafood Council as their Ambassador chef in 2015/2016
• Appointed by Arla Food Denmark as their Cooking Demo and Research & Development Chef in 2015 (Top 10 Dairy company in the world)
• Appointed by Les Amis Singapore as Executive Chef for BLVD HOUSE Opening team
• Appointed by Overseas Restaurant Group as Consultant Chef Cum Food Stylist in 2016