Tare (seasoned yakiniku sauce)
- 2tbsp Mirin (halal)
- 1tsp Castor sugar
- ½ tsp Rice vinegar
- 3tbsp Kikkoman soy sauce
- ½ tsp Miso
- ¼ tsp Bonito flakes
- ½ Fuji apple, peeled, finely grated
- 2tsp Sesame seeds white, toasted
- 2 Onions, holland, sliced 1 cm thick
- 20ml Olive Oil Pomace
- 20g Butter, unsalted
- 0.5g Salt, fine
- 1 tsp Grain mustard
- 20g Green zucchini, sliced 1 cm thick
- 20g Red capsicum, seeded, sliced
- 6-8 Fresh Mint leaves, julienne
- 1 Fuji apple, match stick cut
- 30g Yogurt, plain flavour
- ½ tsp Lemon juice
- 1g Sea salt
- 2 Slices quality sourdough loaf, toasted
- 5ml Extra virgin olive oil
To Assemble Dish
Lightly marinate lamb slices in the TARE mix for 10 minutes.
Roast vegetables in an oven pre heated to 170°C.
In a hot skillet or grill, quickly sear lamb on both sides.
Place roasted vegetables on bread toasted with olive oil.
Top with heaps of lamb slices and then the caramelized onions.
Add on more roasted vegetables to sandwich. Close the sandwich with another piece of toasted bread.
Serve with side of Apple salad.
To Make Tare (Make One Day Before)
In a small sauce pan, add all ingredients except apple and sesame seeds. Simmer for 2 minutes.
Strain the sauce. Let cool. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
Add grated apple and sesame seeds to chilled sauce. Keep Overnight.
For Caramelized Onions
Heat oil in a pan, add the onions and stir till softened, about 15 minutes.
Add in the butter, stir constantly till butter and onions are nicely browned.
Turn off the fire, season with salt and grain mustard and keep aside.
For Apple Salad, Prep Before Serving
Add all ingredients in a mixing bowl and toss till combined. Set aside before serving.