About the Dish
Chef Tazi Mohammed from Opus Bar & Grill goes for the option of curing his homesickness by creating a distinctive Moroccan Lamb Skewer by using the simple ingredients of fresh herbs and high-quality free-range lamb cuts from Australia to enhance the flavour profile.
- 1kg lamb leg steaks, trimmed, cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 1 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 80g chopped garlic
- 2 handful of Chopped parsley
- 1 large onion (finely chopped)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 250g natural yoghurt
- 1 /k cup freshly chopped mint leaf
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
To prepare the Minted Yoghurt
Combine yoghurt, garlic, lemon zest, fresh lemon juice & chopped mint leaves in a bowl.
Season with salt and pepper.
To prepare Lamb Skewers
In a large bowl, marinate the lamb cubes with olive oil, chopped parsley, cumin, grated onion & garlic, salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Leave marinated lamb cubes in the chiller for 48 hours.
Thread the lamb cubes into the skewers
Grill the lamb skewers for 3-4 minutes each side for medium or until fully cooked.
Serve minted yoghurt with lamb skewers
Finish garnish & top with mint leaves and fresh parsley.