- 500g lamb rump steaks, fat trimmed
- 200g dried thin rice noodles
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 150g snow peas, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large Lebanese cucumber, peeled into ribbons
- 1 small oakleaf or butter lettuce, leaves torn
- ½ cup mint leaves
- ½ cup coriander leaves
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1tbsp sesame oil
- 1tbsp soy sauce
- 1tbsp fish sauce
- ¼ cup unsalted cashews, toasted, roughly chopped
- Birds eye chillies, thinly sliced, to serve
- Snow pea sprouts, to serve
Lightly spray a char-grill pan with oil and heat over medium-high heat. Season lamb and cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Set aside on a plate loosely covered with foil to rest for 5 minutes. Thinly slice.
Prepare noodles according to packet instructions. Drain well. Transfer to a large bowl. Add lamb, onion, snow peas, tomatoes, cucumber, lettuce and herbs.
In a medium jug whisk lime juice, sweet chilli sauce, oil, soy and fish sauces. Add ¾ of dressing to salad. Toss to combine.
To serve, place noodles on a large platter. Top with lamb salad. Serve sprinkled with cashews, chilli and snow pea sprouts with extra dressing on the side.
1. You can use lamb fillets, backstrap or lamb leg steaks instead of rump steaks.
2. Use long red or green chillies for less heat.
3. Add extra vegetables, if desired – such as thinly sliced capsicum or carrot.